One Step Closer

Friday, September 12, 2008

....To being able to write prescriptions, that is. HAHA. Not really. But yes, really. Awesome-ness.

I applied reapplied for admission to Angelo State University this morning. They are probably looking at my application laughing their arses off as I type this. See, I left there, well, I FAILED out OK?!?!?!?!?! *Cries into hands*

But that was almost 3 years ago, and I am so much more mature and ready for this than I ever have been.

I changed my extern site from where all I was doing was filing papers and making folders. Yea, so I started at a different place and LOVE it. I get to take patients back and do their vitals! Yesterday, are you ready for this? I gave a lady her pain SHOT! Whooo! Right in the booty. I was so, so nervous! It's weird because at school, I was the one always giving the other students shots and I was never nervous, but this, this made me very nervous!

So, after the first day of me getting to do hands on stuff, I decided that yes, I DO want to continue with school and become an RN. I even want to go further and get my Masters in Nursing and become a Nurse Practitioner. This is a very huge goal for me, but I know that I can do it. It's going to be hard. Very hard. So, anyhooters...in the Spring I have to take *gulp* Anatomy and Physiology and *double gulp, gulp* College Algebra. I think this will be my, hmmm, 4th time taking College Algebra at ASU. Yea, that sounds about right. I know I will do good because I know what I actually want to do with my life now. Do you hear that world? I'M ALMOST 27 YEARS OLD AND I FINALLY KNOW WHAT I WANT TO DO WHEN I GROW UP! Yay me! I only gulped once for Anatomy because I really enjoy it and I've taken it at another school already. Too bad it doesn't transfer! I know that's going to be tough, but oh well. I have to apply to the Nursing program by March and from what I've read and heard, it's pretty tough getting in.

So, that's where I am in my life right now. Oh, and I'm super happy it's Friday. This has been a very loooong week.

Have a grrrrrreat weekend!

1 peeps said....:

Bimbo Baggins said...

Ummmm, are you ever going to blog again, whore?