Domestic Goddess-I Get's It From My Mama

Friday, November 21, 2008


So I planned a Thanksgiving Dinner Pot Luck at my work for today. And because I am exactly like my mom, I HAD to sign up to bring the most complicated item-TURKEY!!! I don't know what it is about us. Maybe we have to show off our awesome culinary skills? Maybe we are insane? I'm not real sure.
Anyturkeyway. I set my alarm for 2:00am. Yes, you are reading that correctly. 2am. At 1:40am I awake in a panic, thinking that I have overslept and wondering how in the world I'm going to cook at 14lb turkey by 8am. After I looked at my clock and realized I had not overslept, I very slowly got out of bed. Hardwood floors are so cold in the morning. BRRR. Ok, so here I am, in the kitchen that is being torn apart right now because Brandon *blush, giggle, blush* has three home improvement projects going on right now. Half of the cabinets don't have doors, half of the floor is being redone. Silly boy. Tee hee. Oh sorry, off subject. Ok, so.....here I am half asleep carefully cutting open the wrapper on this, *vomit* naked bird. Here is the part I really hate. Pulling out the giblets and the NECK. EWWWWW. So disgusting. I finally get the nasty little naked bird in the roaster and rub garlic and rosemary all over it. Mmm, smells so yummy.

Let me just go ahead and fast forward. I got up at 3:30am, 5:00am and 6:00am. I didn't want my bird, who I went ahead and named Frank, to burn or dry out. I also had to cook broccoli cheese casserole and dinner rolls.

Needless to say, me tired. I hope everyone likes the turkey. I'm thinking it's going to be the last one I make!!!

0 peeps said....: